Alamaze - New
#300 - Experimental - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Alamaze Games (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-49.html)
+--- Forum: Games That Have Ended (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-62.html)
+--- Thread: #300 - Experimental (/thread-9626.html)

RE: #300 - Experimental - unclemike - 12-12-2014

(12-12-2014, 05:12 PM)Acererak Wrote: Lost two agent 1's doing recon this turn. What are the odds? Extremely low so you may want to check the formula? Not complaining just sayin.

You nearly lost a 3rd agent btw. One rolled a 2 and the other a 0 which are both below 5% so they died on the recon. Your 3rd guy rolled an 11 and 4th rolled a comfortable 49. Use that last guy from now on Smile

RE: #300 - Experimental - Rogal - 12-12-2014

I got it on the 2nd send.  BTY I do not know what you did, but the turns look really much better now.  I really like the breakdown of status points showing what earned you what.

RE: #300 - Experimental - Jumpingfist - 12-12-2014

I love the break down of status Points. not sure I should know exactly who each point total belongs to though.

no more regions grabbed this turn interesting. Though I am sure some half regions are making more output than the mists. maybe it will be like a club for a car. Why come spend all that effort to take a region for peanuts in return.

RE: #300 - Experimental - unclemike - 12-12-2014

(12-12-2014, 05:31 PM)Rogal Wrote: I got it on the 2nd send.  BTY I do not know what you did, but the turns look really much better now.  I really like the breakdown of status points showing what earned you what.

I really didn't change anything for the sake of the printout.

Use Notepad to read the files since it doesn't preformat the text in any way. Drag/resize Notepad's border (or maximize the window) so the sentences don't overwrap.

RE: #300 - Experimental - Acererak - 12-12-2014

(12-12-2014, 05:27 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(12-12-2014, 05:12 PM)Acererak Wrote: Lost two agent 1's doing recon this turn. What are the odds? Extremely low so you may want to check the formula? Not complaining just sayin.

You nearly lost a 3rd agent btw. One rolled a 2 and the other a 0 which are both below 5% so they died on the recon. Your 3rd guy rolled an 11 and 4th rolled a comfortable 49. Use that last guy from now on Smile

Cool. Good to know it's just my bad luck- like the devastating retreat roll vs the Giant earlier in the game.  Huh Wink

RE: #300 - Experimental - Airborne Ranger - 12-13-2014

Up grading fleets with new #630 order enhancements...anyone want to sea patrol to find out how well they work? In sea "D"

RE: #300 - Experimental - unclemike - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 05:01 AM)Airborne Ranger Wrote: Up grading fleets with new #630 order enhancements...anyone want to sea patrol to find out how well they work? In sea "D"

Glad to hear it. If you're planning on buying both Cannons and Reinforced Hulls, I was thinking of inserting this picture on your turn for your new ships....

RE: #300 - Experimental - unclemike - 12-16-2014

I had a question about the bribe order (# 900) so I'll answer it here.

Bribe has the same chances of success for your agent as stealing food/gold (25% base success, 25% base capture). So a level 3 agent (the minimal agent level for a bribe) has a 40% success and 5% capture (not including the level of the emissary targeted for the bribe which will increase/decrease this value).

If the agent is successful then I check if the target emissary knows a skeleton and knowledge is based upon the emissary level and has the same percentages as its political power. So bribing a prince has 80% chance of knowing a skeleton. Bribing a king is 100% knowledge successful (costs 10,000 gold to bribe a king/queen/regent/consul btw) but has a higher chance of capturing the agent.

Bribing a prisoner (may only bribe your own prisoners) is as above but does not have a chance of capture.

Hope this helps...

(12-16-2014, 01:29 PM)unclemike Wrote: I had a question about the bribe order (# 900) so I'll answer it here.

Bribe has the same chances of success for your agent as stealing food/gold (25% base success, 25% base capture). So a level 3 agent (the minimal agent level for a bribe) has a 40% success and 5% capture (not including the level of the emissary targeted for the bribe which will increase/decrease this value).

If the agent is successful then I check if the target emissary knows a skeleton and knowledge is based upon the emissary level and has the same percentages as its political power. So bribing a prince has 80% chance of knowing a skeleton. Bribing a king is 100% knowledge successful (costs 10,000 gold to bribe a king/queen/regent/consul btw) but has a higher chance of capturing the agent.

Bribing a prisoner (may only bribe your own prisoners) is as above but does not have a chance of capture.

Hope this helps...

Actually bribe, sabotage, and stealing food/gold all have a base 20% success and 30% capture rate. Also, you may bribe a consul though no skeleton will result since the Ancient Ones don't have any skeletons.

(12-16-2014, 01:45 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 01:29 PM)unclemike Wrote: I had a question about the bribe order (# 900) so I'll answer it here.

Hope this helps...

Actually bribe, sabotage, and stealing food/gold all have a base 20% success and 30% capture rate. Also, you may bribe a consul though no skeleton will result since the Ancient Ones don't have any skeletons.

Oh and one more thing, do NOT sleep the target emissary/prisoner if you try to bribe them or the bribe will fail...