Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
176 nearing the end
Turn 37 is in the books for this long-running anon game. We have 7 players still standing, and the Witchlord owns 3 regions and has twice in a row failed a victory check. Gnome and Warlock actually led in status points on turn 36, in that order. Giants and Dwarves and Ancients and Demons still hanging around. Should be an interesting finish.

This game has been really fun. I didn't expect half of what happened and look forward to how it turns out.

Yeah if there are any popcenters left. Someone's going around destroying everything in sight. Famous cities are burned down either by a wizard's fire or massive hordes pillaging them to nothingness. This is pure madness Smile

(11-17-2015, 03:42 PM)unclemike Wrote: Yeah if there are any popcenters left. Someone's going around destroying everything in sight. Famous cities are burned down either by a wizard's fire or massive hordes pillaging them to nothingness. This is pure madness Smile

That sounds pretty cool actually...

Ok, so close to finishing this anonymous game. Turn 40 will run on Monday and then slots will open for several players.
Witchlord did not attempt a victory declaration this turn. Be interesting to see if we finish with a WI win or with a Lion's Share victory on Monday (perhaps Gnome if T36 status points are still reflective).
And yes, lots of pop centers are missing, like the cities up north.

This game ended today on Turn 40. Congratulations to those who survived, and to the podium finishers (though one appears to be anonymous).

Victory By Lion's Share Is The Gnome Kingdom!

Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom Player Results-40 Grand Total

1 GN Thudargh 10,605 21,563
2 WI Jhereg 11,860 19,785
3 WA Holding For Player 7,800 15,800

I played the Ancient Ones and will try to do a little write-up later, but I really did not do much this game. The DE invaded early (started the harassment on turn 1) and just kept coming back to no apparent end or purpose, including showing up at my city with an army group on turn 39 to pound his soldiers against a dome. So, I literally spent the whole game defending and retaking Torvale, and making small incursions into Arcania. Not sure what the DE accomplished by continuing to harangue Torvale, but oh well, kept us both off of the podium.

I did make some mistakes by misunderstanding the fleet combat rules that pretty much allowed 1 brigade of DE troops to wipe out my army group over 2 turns by his having superior fleets. Ok, now I know about fleets.

Congrats to the Gnome! I was the RD and dropped just after T30. I had a plan early on and it ended badly when I made the mistake of bidding on the HC (and winning), which crippled my early game money and sidelined my plan. I skirmished with the WI for R2 until about T10 when his magic and resources (and superior play, good work Jhereg!) shut me out. After that, I became a paid proxy of the DW, who shipped me enough food to keep my army in being for quite awhile--no, no communication. One turn food and gold started to arrive and I took the cue and supported the DW on HC and fought his enemies. Hope I gave some value for the gold and tasty treats.

I warred with the GI for some turns and my army got attritioned down, with no real way to replace it. The position was pretty unviable by this point, to the point of not being able to hurt my opponents, so I resigned.

I thank everyone for the contest, I learned a great deal!

DW

Congratulations to the podium finishers. This was a game of peaks and valleys for the DW position. The early game was marked by not having to battle the RD position for the talking mountains and then, with the DA being absent, I was able to take a significant portion of the Eastern Steppes.

The RD and DW declared each other allies early in the game but as is often the case the DW was able to get 50% of the region quickly and picked up a substantial portion of the region for free. I felt that this was not the regional split I would expect and the RD should not either so I started sending food and gold to the RD to make up for the disparity in regional control.

The DW kingdom developed very nicely until around turn 18. I had control of the Mountains and almost half of the Eastern Steppes. I had scouted out Synisvania and was ready to make a finishing move on the Steppes and Sysnisvania when the GI and WA invaded the Steppes and the Talking Mountains. Shortly after that invasion the WI decided to make a move on the Mountains and either the WI or the WA destroyed most of the pop centers in the Mountains. For the remainder of the game I was merely trying to survive, at one point I only had one village, no towns or cities.

The last 10 to 15 turns were simply an exercise in survival where each turn I looked to see if anyone would win the game and put me out of my misery.

In the end I had 33 emmies that were no longer in court. The list takes up almost half a page on my turn results.

I look forward to our next game.

Congratulations, Thudargh!!!

(11-30-2015, 05:45 PM)VballMichael Wrote: This game ended today on Turn 40. Congratulations to those who survived, and to the podium finishers (though one appears to be anonymous).

Victory By Lion's Share Is The Gnome Kingdom!

Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom Player Results-40 Grand Total

1 GN Thudargh 10,605 21,563
2 WI Jhereg 11,860 19,785
3 WA Holding For Player 7,800 15,800

I played the Ancient Ones and will try to do a little write-up later, but I really did not do much this game. The DE invaded early (started the harassment on turn 1) and just kept coming back to no apparent end or purpose, including showing up at my city with an army group on turn 39 to pound his soldiers against a dome. So, I literally spent the whole game defending and retaking Torvale, and making small incursions into Arcania. Not sure what the DE accomplished by continuing to harangue Torvale, but oh well, kept us both off of the podium.

I did make some mistakes by misunderstanding the fleet combat rules that pretty much allowed 1 brigade of DE troops to wipe out my army group over 2 turns by his having superior fleets. Ok, now I know about fleets.

I agree, I tried to pull out but it seemed you followed and I was basically stuck. I could not figure out how to get a truce, which I really wanted. My apologies. It seemed my second thrust was going well then the GN attacked and I had to abandon 4 to deal with him, again my apologies.
Lord Alz - "Jeff"
Arch Mage of the Ancient Ones