Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
199 3 vs 2 primeval
EL Vinciano (Son of Conan)
GN Netstrider
TR Thudargh

Vs

RA/BL. Jumpingfist

Winner first to control 7 regions

Turn 3

BL has control of R10
BL claimed first blood taking a GN village in R7

RA group on GN village in R8.

BL and RA took first two seats on council.

Council is something that worries me in this format. If I can not get a skeleton soon I could be in for some hurt.

So far the only hiccup was I did not get my bonus gold for my kingdoms.

No player got Chivalry in this game.

Would like to hear from the 3 player side - how are you guys communicating, etc.  Is the Gnome the target, or just coincidence?

GN Just closest to where I was. I did not look who had what until I made this thread.

The Gnome is a fair target, nothing implied there.  I just would like to hear from the newer players in this unique format how/if they are communicating, as it seems it will be at least as important as in a standard team game, as if we go forward with this format, the less experienced players will need that to overcome the experience and skill advantage of the podium player.

Gnome

The Keep Calm and Carry On team is communicating just fine, thank you Smile

I expected to be the early target in this game based on geography. JF is a great player, but it's going to take some early successes to win 2 against 3 and that means being pretty aggressive. Since a BL army group just showed up at one of my towns on T4...

Great game guys!

Our brand spanking new player, EL Vinciano (Son of Conan), was a ringer. He executed an almost perfect expansion with the Elf. Throughout the game he was only one turn behind JF and that's pretty freaking amazing. The poor troll only got to attack a handful of PCs as he tried like mad to get to the front of the battle lines.

As the Gnome I was able to .hang on to two regions against the Black Dragon so I'm happy with that. JF just didn't have enough orders to recruit wyverns and be politically effective at the same time it seems.

Thanks again and apologies to JF for the ringer!

Dave

Congrats guys

Both teams got there 5th region at the same time but then the GN and EL pressed the attack faster than I could regroup and counter attack.

A couple key losses for me the attack on zarathon where I issued a tactic 2 trying to protect my wizards at the same time destroy the city. Barely loss but it did hurt and ended up killing my p2 that was warding my prince at YD so I lost that city as well.

2nd was a judgement. I issued a full 310 defend in R2 as the EL moved in. But he smartly just moved on to R6 for the win. Likely I should have move all out to amberland instead to prolong things. Like you guys said Son of Conan was the star of the show this time around

My general strategy was to take the open regions and keep you guys busy with BL. I was building agents and mages on standing order hoping to hold off the initial push for regions then beat you guys with my quality.

Finally caught both GN and TR groups in a trap a turn to lateSmile

Again great job was a fun game

I'm guessing from what was written, that the three prevailed over the two?

From the comments on both sides, it seems this might be a viable format?  Perhaps I should convert the current Primeval thread to this?  Either with one or two experienced players on the 2 kingdom side and three newer players on the other?

I think perhaps but swapping the sides would be better and basically no council.

I went hard for the council early because I feared they would use it to keep my RA influence low. For the kingdoms both the GN and EL start friendly which is a big deal in this format

I think the best format is two teams of three with a mentor player on each side this helps to teach the new guys the ropes