Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5514 Last train to 2020 Championship
Last Train to the Alamaze 2020 Championship.

Victory By Lion's Share Is The Ancient Ones Kingdom!
                           Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom    Player                Results-40  Grand Total

1     AN     Pine Needle               58,849      88,347
          2     IL     Strongwill                50,698      82,115
          3     WA     uncledarkseid             51,000      75,035
          4     UN     Merlin                    37,664      67,915
          5     DU     Drogo                     30,745      51,000
          6     PI     Agent Orange              13,980      32,215
          7     RD     Vball Michael              9,500      27,894

Well fought Kings of the IL, UN and WA. We were scrapping pretty good from turn 23 on. Right about turn 25 this game changed from 4 regions to 5 for victory, and I don't know that anyone had a chance to win after that. Interested in others' points of view.

I started in Triumvia with the AN and sent a stallion patrol to get the Plow on turn 1. Things were humming along nicely bounty wise, when the Gnome dropped in Zanthia and the NE tried to occupy the power vacuum. I had other interests, but really didn't want war.

I was faced with the decision of keeping my hidden land town or building a sea town and I chose the latter for my capital, pretty sure it could not be taken with a 12 brigade force, if I had a navy, and even then I could intervene to hold the town so long as I had a group there.

He declared, though, so we were at war. I think my first Ancient Intervention spell was in here, and I was reduced to taking the old GN capital and great castling it. I did capture his count, a governor and ambassador, so didn't worry too much about a diplomatic attack on Triumvia (which was humming economically).

Then the UN hit the NE, I think, and the NE was pretty much done.

Right about turn 23, I moved on Stormgate, Zanthia and Krynn but it really had no shot. My group bounced on Stormgate, and the UN also grabbed a prince of mine and a couple of governors in Zanthia. The Krynn emis stayed there for awhile until the IL mopped them up.

So from then on I was fighting defense against the IL, and later the WA. I finally found the UN capital on turn 34 (no, I didn't find yours, Strongwill) and his prisoner list!!!! Whoa. I hope he shares it. Also, he had a legendary sea castle so I really couldn't do much except curse his King a time or two. Super impressive. UN was the leader at this point. I made some feints at the IL's Crown Islands but really could only torch some villages. There wasn't really time to build another huge army so I hunkered down.

Then the IL moved on Zanthia and beat against some legendary castles for awhile. He was going to take one so I moved a group there and intervened x3 for two turns, running out the clock. The WA took two legendarys from me but I took one back.

I was very surprised to get the lion's share but it was mostly based on a diligent building program. Good game to all.

Good write up..

Good game all.
uncle dark your villages were huge 1 plunder and it fed my army for 2 turns, until you boosted them up with the defence, then the plunder party was over. 
As for the 5 regions...its gonna be hard as hell for just about anyone to do it.

(01-20-2021, 01:28 AM)Agent Orange Wrote: Good game all.
uncle dark your villages were huge 1 plunder and it fed my army for 2 turns, until you boosted them up with the defence, then the plunder party was over. 
As for the 5 regions...its gonna be hard as hell for just about anyone to do it.

Thanks for stomping on me just as i was about to get to unstoppable.  Keeping me humble.  
Good game everyone, congrats pine.

(01-21-2021, 12:23 AM)uncledarkside2 Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:28 AM)Agent Orange Wrote: Good game all.

Thanks for stomping on me just as i was about to get to unstoppable.  Keeping me humble.  
Good game everyone, congrats pine.

Well, at least you had the honor of casting the last (mini)Kraken on me... it was you right? My fleet quality was 8 point something and the Kraken killed one fleet. It was more like a back massage.