Alamaze - New
Welcome New Players. - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-67.html)
+--- Forum: The Players (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Welcome New Players. (/thread-15695.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Welcome New Players. - Senior Tactician - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 02:37 AM)Pine Needle Wrote: Welcome! I am new to the game (after a 30 year gap) and people are very helpful, especially if you join a team game, even in solo games, veterans have always answered my questions. Except Dupont.

donna specter is a fictional character, so not necessarily a female, I have female personas as well.

RE: Welcome New Players. - DuPont - 08-21-2020

(08-20-2020, 10:44 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 02:37 AM)Pine Needle Wrote: Welcome! I am new to the game (after a 30 year gap) and people are very helpful, especially if you join a team game, even in solo games, veterans have always answered my questions. Except Dupont.

donna specter is a fictional character, so not necessarily a female, I have female personas as well.
I name all my High Priestesess after Bond Girls. And, yes, there really was one named 'Chew Mee'. I've considered naming them after Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd before, but it seems a bit much.

RE: Welcome New Players. - uncledarkseid - 08-21-2020

(08-20-2020, 10:44 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0geKefTjT9fNc4AUwFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0MG9ya3MxBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQTA1OTlfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=silence+of+the+lambs+naked+guy+tuck&fr2=piv-web&fr=ipad#id=4&iurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F67%2Fb9%2F09%2F67b909b3382cc96b53046f9bd4c31987--buffalo-bill-lambs.jpg&action=click

RE: Welcome New Players. - CosmicWizard - 10-02-2020

I am new to online Alamaze and want to play bad, last played in 1993, used to love this game. someone please let me knwo is this still active tried to sign up and no replies from moderator.

RE: Welcome New Players. - Ry Vor - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 10:27 PM)CosmicWizard Wrote: I am new to online Alamaze and want to play bad, last played in 1993, used to love this game. someone please let me knwo is this still active tried to sign up and no replies from moderator.

Well, you can tell there were messages posted minutes before yours, if you wonder if Alamaze is active.

Wiz, again, nothing from you at support.  But you can just post here with whatever questions.  Some new players expect an immediate invoice, but we only charge when your first 12 player game starts.

RE: Welcome New Players. - Senior Tactician - 10-03-2020

(10-02-2020, 10:27 PM)CosmicWizard Wrote: I am new to online Alamaze and want to play bad, last played in 1993, used to love this game. someone please let me knwo is this still active tried to sign up and no replies from moderator.

Hey Cosmic, welcome.  We're experiencing a bit of a lul the past coupl weeks, it seems.  There are only about 2 steel games (12 man) running, a confederation game (6 players), and there is a team game and a 24 hour game trying to form.

I will start a duel for the two of us right now, email me at seniortactician@yahoo.com if you need help signing up for it.

RE: Welcome New Players. - CosmicWizard - 10-03-2020

(10-03-2020, 01:34 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:

Hey Cosmic, welcome.  We're experiencing a bit of a lul the past coupl weeks, it seems.  There are only about 2 steel games (12 man) running, a confederation game (6 players), and there is a team game and a 24 hour game trying to form.

I will start a duel for the two of us right now, email me at seniortactician@yahoo.com if you need help signing up for it.

I may be into joining a team game also. I can up my level anytime

RE: Welcome New Players. - Ry Vor - 10-03-2020

Besides Wiz, we have a couple other new players about ready to join the fray. 

I keep bragging about our community of players, so now it is on you:  what advice do you want to offer new players?

RE: Welcome New Players. - The Painted Man - 10-03-2020

(10-03-2020, 04:56 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Besides Wiz, we have a couple other new players about ready to join the fray. 

I keep bragging about our community of players, so now it is on you:  what advice do you want to offer new players?

When given the chance, always attack Brek. And DuPont.

RE: Welcome New Players. - Ry Vor - 10-03-2020

(10-03-2020, 05:39 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 04:56 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Besides Wiz, we have a couple other new players about ready to join the fray. 

When given the chance, always attack Brek. And DuPont.

Wink  Tongue   But seriously folks.  How do you get a new player to get comfortable in a new game?  I know it is sort of not standard protocol for the owner to say it is difficult to learn.  It's not calculus, but there are a lot of moving parts and if you are new, it is not the easiest thing to digest.  This is why for every 100 signups, we get about 10 actual players. 

So if you are willing, offer your suggestions on how a new player can get going in respectable fashion.