Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomag Ironfist's Introduction
(05-03-2016, 11:58 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 10:00 PM)Acererak Wrote: Old Timers? Rick- for shame.

:-)

I guess I qualify since I have said before- my brother and I used to wait and wait and wait for our thick envelope to arrive at our mailbox in 1989! That means I've been playing Alamaze off and on for almost 30 years.

And I remember when postage was one of my biggest expenses.  Confused  Pittney Bowes and I go way back.

Old Timer.  Yes, interesting phrase.  Here in Dallas, we keep hearing how Tony Romo is getting older.  Why does he do that?  Can't he see it is not helping?

Ha! Big Grin

If anyone can name the game that my avatar is derived from they'll gain serious brownie points from me Wink

I want to say Diablo, but I can list off about 10 more games that it reminds me of. How about mine?
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze

Ding ding ding! Cheers to the most revolutionary video game series ever (minus Diablo III - that game was a disgrace to the franchise and I don't consider to be related to the original two games)!

I can't say I recognize your avatar... any hints?

Mine is way too obscure. You would have to first play the game and then be a "collector-freak" of cards specifically with the word "Frost" in the title. It's an alternate art Frost Titan from Magic the gathering. :-)

When I saw your avatar the other day, I thought to myself.... That looks cool and oddly familiar, but I shrugged it off that I must have seen it on a previous post of yours. Then you asked and it dawned on me that I had seen it before. I just could not remember which game it was. I started naming off games in my head....HMM, AOW, Warlords....but ended up guessing on a gut feeling because I really was not sure. It is a very distinctive avatar...I like it.
The Frost Lord,
Pioneer of Alamaze

I've never played Magic but I know a tremendous amount of people who do. When the opportunity comes, I will definitely try it out!

Hearthstone is an app game that runs similar to magic made by the same company.

Thanks JF. I did not know about that game. I will check it out this weekend.

Tomag: Been hooked on MTG since I learned how to play back in 1995. I owned a comic book store when I lived in GA and that is when I started really building out my collection (nearly 40,000 cards to date and climbing). It is extremely fun to play, but I get the most enjoyment out of collecting specific sets and types of "hard-to-find" cards.
The Frost Lord,
Pioneer of Alamaze

Magic 2015 "app" is fun, but no where near as fun as in person duals.

I actually preferred the hearthstone app over the magic because the magic app is more a direct take away from magic. Hearthstone takes advantage that it is on a computer so you can have cool effects like make a copy of a random card from your opponents deck and put it in your hand.
Perhaps FL would like magic app better having and knowing the cards of course you would need to recollect them blah

I have an Alpha Black Lotus.  Has been in a glass case for 20 years.  Would sell tomorrow for $9k.  Not graded but likely an 8.5 or 9.0.  I also have a full set of Duel Lands, mostly Unlimited edition.  Full jewelry with gold backing (International Collectors Edition).  Also an unopened International Collectors Edition set - all cards in unlimited in an unopened box from 1995. 

Some Black Lotus go for over $20.000.   A full set (actually I think  I may be one card short) of duel lands is probably the most useful thing you could have. 

Just sayin'.