Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5460 Smack Down
Continents drift...oceans dry...mountains rise and fall....

(05-02-2020, 10:01 PM)DuPont Wrote: Continents drift...oceans dry...mountains rise and fall....

If you're saying Gnomes die from dragon fire even with a couple of stone golem brigades, I agree.

(05-03-2020, 12:52 AM)Pine Needle Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 10:01 PM)DuPont Wrote: Continents drift...oceans dry...mountains rise and fall....

If you're saying Gnomes die from dragon fire even with a couple of stone golem brigades, I agree.

Gnome troops number among my least favorite. My gnomes (forged everything) with good wizards got their asses kicked by Vikings. And not even remotely close. And after some summon death spells to boot. Very sad. 1 star. Do not recommend to a friend.

Really fun kingdom to play, though. Like a wizard, but slightly less cuddly.

(05-03-2020, 01:23 AM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 12:52 AM)Pine Needle Wrote:

Gnome troops number among my least favorite. My gnomes (forged everything) with good wizards got their asses kicked by Vikings. And not even remotely close. And after some summon death spells to boot. Very sad. 1 star. Do not recommend to a friend.

Really fun kingdom to play, though. Like a wizard, but slightly less cuddly.

I think the Gnomes are underrated.  But who am I to lecture the Champion of Alamaze?  I would say though, that in the clutches of say, DuPont, the Gnomes have done well.  I believe Champion Emeritus Draugr has won with them as well and they have podiumed pretty consistently, when played (have not been selected often of late).

(05-03-2020, 02:47 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: I think the Gnomes are underrated.  But who am I to lecture the Champion of Alamaze?  I would say though, that in the clutches of say, DuPont, the Gnomes have done well.  I believe Champion Emeritus Draugr has won with them as well and they have podiumed pretty consistently, when played (have not been selected often of late).

Oh, don’t misunderstand. I like the gnomes. Just not their military (even though a 34 brigade group did eliminate 2 leaderless RD brigades of DuPont’s once, but took to the infantry phase).

Overall I think I like all the kingdoms, just for different reasons. But gnomes would be top 10 I think.

(05-02-2020, 02:42 AM)Brekk Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 09:55 PM)DuPont Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 09:17 PM)Brekk Wrote: No/ Yes as well Smile  And we know you got it done, your master player you need like 2 minutes to do your turn Smile
It's those damn cousins holding us up again. And we know you can do something else in two minutes, so why not your turn?

Wife is holding me up wanting me to do stuff with her and all Smile

Just tell her that the two of you need to display proper social distancing as an example to the kids and then send her back to the kitchen.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(05-01-2020, 05:42 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: Uh, it's a 24 hour turn, that's not fast enough  for you? Are any of you slackers work8ng?

Sorry Rellgar that was my unintentional fault. I meant to set it up as a 48hr game. But I must have hit 24 hour by accident.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

Rellgar, I know you wanted a 48 hour game, but are you going to skip the Ready button every single turn? This is 5 out of 6 turns now....

5 out of 7 now. I was waiting for a more favorable time for turn due. 6:30 PM is a good time. I will probably skip ready button, many more times.

(05-05-2020, 11:25 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: 5 out of 7 now. I was waiting for a more favorable  time for turn due. 6:30 PM is a good time. I will probably  skip ready button, many more times.

RD tells the Ready button to wait