Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 100
(04-05-2013, 09:32 PM)Wulfgar Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 05:47 PM)Cipher Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 12:18 PM)Wulfgar Wrote: Hmmmmm..... I haven't received my turn 1 results yet.....

Sent a copy this morning.

C

Got 'em, thanks.
I was checking e-mail this morning before I headed to work and saw I had no turn results. Then I checked the forum and saw people had gotten theirs, but before I could e-mail the support guys my internet blinked out on me.
Anyway, I have 'em now, it's all good.

Wulfgar,

You don't need turn results.

Just issue orders to attack anything in your hex and cast the most devastating battle magic you have.

Those orders plus the occasional decision to move your groups just about sums up the way a pict thinks, right?

Smile
Lord Thanatos

Cipher is in some secret location with Tank and Trinity.

But I heard a rumor that IF all players have their turns in by sometime reasonable Sunday, say around noon, that Cipher might run the turns that day, instead of late Monday night.

I'm not promising, I'm just sayin'. It was a bird, not official.

(04-05-2013, 10:12 PM)Lord Thanatos Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 09:32 PM)Wulfgar Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 05:47 PM)Cipher Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 12:18 PM)Wulfgar Wrote: Hmmmmm..... I haven't received my turn 1 results yet.....

Sent a copy this morning.

C

Got 'em, thanks.
I was checking e-mail this morning before I headed to work and saw I had no turn results. Then I checked the forum and saw people had gotten theirs, but before I could e-mail the support guys my internet blinked out on me.
Anyway, I have 'em now, it's all good.

Wulfgar,

You don't need turn results.

Just issue orders to attack anything in your hex and cast the most devastating battle magic you have.

Those orders plus the occasional decision to move your groups just about sums up the way a pict thinks, right?

Smile

*note to self- Thanatos has figured out my strategy. Destroy him ASAP*

10 of 15 order sets in as of 4:15 eastern, I'd prefer to see quality orders rather than early orders, but wanted to post an update so everyone knows where things stand.

C

(04-07-2013, 08:17 PM)Cipher Wrote: 10 of 15 order sets in as of 4:15 eastern, I'd prefer to see quality orders rather than early orders, but wanted to post an update so everyone knows where things stand.

C
Our orders - and they will be of the highest quality - will be in Monday aft - maybe earlier.
I was at a convention.

(04-08-2013, 12:05 AM)Daenerys_Targaryen Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 08:17 PM)Cipher Wrote: 10 of 15 order sets in as of 4:15 eastern, I'd prefer to see quality orders rather than early orders, but wanted to post an update so everyone knows where things stand.

C
Our orders - and they will be of the highest quality - will be in Monday aft - maybe earlier.
I was at a convention.

Just do the orders now, Your Grace?

Thinking about what orders to issue I do continuously once I receive the last results. Most of the decisions for turn two orders are made prior to entering turn one orders.

Actually entering the orders into the order entry program takes only a few minutes.

Why Rick selected 96 hours per turn still baffles me. I can understand why he ignored my request for turns to process every 24 hours. But 96 hours for an individual contest seems excessive to me. In today's age of instantaneous communication methods - even accounting for time differences around the globe - 96 hours per turn seems like an eternity.

Besides, how much time does it take to decide how to eat dwarfs? You know what happened to those trolls in "The Hobbit" who took too much time deciding how to eat dwarfs, don't you? Smile
Lord Thanatos

Some new players need more time to learn the game. I don't mind 96-hours, but would very much enjoy the occassional early turn. I hope that players won't always wait until the last minute.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Some turns are still out, no processing tonight. I'll look throughout the day to see if all 15 are in work to process early if possible.

C

I got mine in this afternoon-

I'm fine with people waiting till the last minute if they need to.
Conversely like Thanatos and others I'd be happy to play a rapid turnaround game as well, in the future.

100% new players need to have as much time available to them as possible.

I'm sure when the veteran players get into more and more games this will be a non-issue.

(04-08-2013, 01:05 AM)Lord Thanatos Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 12:05 AM)Daenerys_Targaryen Wrote:

C
I was at a convention.

Just do the orders now, Your Grace?

Thinking about what orders to issue I do continuously once I receive the last results. Most of the decisions for turn two orders are made prior to entering turn one orders.

Actually entering the orders into the order entry program takes only a few minutes.

Why Rick selected 96 hours per turn still baffles me. I can understand why he ignored my request for turns to process every 24 hours. But 96 hours for an individual contest seems excessive to me. In today's age of instantaneous communication methods - even accounting for time differences around the globe - 96 hours per turn seems like an eternity.

Besides, how much time does it take to decide how to eat dwarfs? You know what happened to those trolls in "The Hobbit" who took too much time deciding how to eat dwarfs, don't you? Smile

Let's not be so hasty with all these " eat the dwarves " comments. We are really nice chaps for short bearded guys. We like beer.... That's gotta count for something right?

Also as a "new player" I appreciate the 96 hour window.... Though I was able to get mine in early this time. It's just nice to know I can give it a good thinking over if I need too. Not that the extra time will help much with the "quality" of my orders.
It has been 20+ years since I filled out a turn and back then I got stomped in my only 2 games. Wait ..did I just make the bullseye on my kingdom bigger??? ... Oh well.

Nikodemus.