Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Poll: Which team/player has advantage after the draft?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
HeadHoncho - GI/AN combo is too powerful!
55.56%
5 55.56%
LT - RD/DE cannot be contained...
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LT versus HeadHoncho - Titan match
Turn 5 Highlights for HH

The AN continued to hit the DE influence, and still saw no requests for priestesses from their opponents. And despite an AN emissary taking a GN town in Runnimede, the GN nevertheless managed to gain control of the region, even without Cradia.

The Black Dragon stormed the DE capital in Arcania, and even though they captured no DE emissaries during the attack, the Black Dragons did manage to capture a DE emissary politically, as a DE Count tried inciting rebellion in a solidly loyal BL town. Deciding that capital-sacking was fun, 1BL moved to a well-defended town in Runnimede, while inside, the GN King Raido fell into a month-long coma.

The Giants successfully convinced the City of Zarathon to join the GI Kingdom, even as a couple of other population centers changed hands or became neutral as a result of DA efforts. The 1DA group actually made an appearance at what seemed to be a peaceful GI city at Evanon. Meanwhile, the GI pushed through another HC vote punishing the Demon Princes in Arcania, while their AN allies proposed the same vote. This time, however, it would be against a lone GN representative who bought the HC seat for 26,544 gold, just a few thousand more than a rival bid!

The Elves successfully caused a WI village in Oakendell to see the errors of their ways, although they were alarmed to see their WI neighbor take control of the Northern Mists, even without the city of Viperhead! Will the Witchlord be able to hold on?

The Rangers made an appearance in Arcania, as a division-sized Ranger group faced off against a brigade-sized Demon Princes group that continued to remain at Triesa. Additionally, at least one Ranger emissary appeared to harass Demon Prince holdings as well. The Ranger scouts continued to report that Viperhead, Zabzanka, Cradia, and Gurisek (along with Triesa) remained under human control.

Finally, the Sorcerer returned to his sneaky and mysterious ways, with nothing much to report, except that the 2RD group which sacked the GI capital two turns ago has now appeared at a SO village in the Eastern Steppes.

After turn five, I'm again glad to report (I think) no botched orders! Some more political jockeying, with a slight advantage to me this turn, I believe. With the region score now 4-3 in my favor, it's a tighter game, but the question is whether WI and GN will be able to hold onto their regions for very long. The major battlegrounds appear to be right in the middle, regions 5 and 8, which remain uncontrolled, along with region 6. Given that I'm starting to contest some of LT's regions (as evidenced by AN activity in Runnimede and RA assistance to the BL in Arcania), I think I have a slight momentum advantage.

At this point, I believe I still have at least a slight economic advantage, although losing the HC bid so that it's 4-1 means I no longer have a monopoly.

LT, any thoughts for us?

(10-07-2013, 09:38 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: LT, any thoughts for us?

Thoughts? You apparently have far too much free time. I haven't even been able to read my turn results yet. I am glad to learn from your post that I finally have a member of the High Council and I control three whole regions. I thought I was going to have to fight you with no income at all... I am relieved that is not the case!

I may have more thoughts after I am able to finish my work day and read my results. Stay tuned... Smile
Lord Thanatos

Turn 6 Highlights for HH

AN influence continued to rise, and AN also managed to denigrate GN in Runnimede. Unfortunately, the GN successfully bid for the HC issue, to raise GN influence. There was no chance of this passing, but it did forestall a more damaging issue. Still no priestesses, and still no word from the AN military.

The Black Dragon stormed the GN capital in Runnimede worth a cool 20K gold production, and stayed put to welcome the appearance of the masked 1GN group. The GN lost an Envoy and a Fanatic, and there was some additional political action, but nothing too crazy. Triesa is now Neutral.

The Giants lost Evanon to a DA parley, but a GI army group is now outside of Evanon to take it back, with the DA nowhere to be seen. A RD army group has now appeared outside of Zarathon, however, and a couple more population centers changed hands between DA/GI.

The Elves have been liberating some pop centers in the Northern Mists, and the 1EL army-sized group is facing off with the division-sized 1WI group, which has just finished a diplomacy spell on Viperhead, making it the second city to fall to the LT forces.

The 2RA division-sized Ranger group was stymied from attacking the 1DE division-sized group by a Wall of Flame, even as the two groups continued to face off. More RA harassment of DE pop centers in Arcania also occurred. Finally, Ranger scouts continued to report that Zabzanka, Cradia, and Gurisek remained under human control, with Triesa Neutral as indicated earlier, and Viperhead and Evanon under LT control. Meanwhile, Lorethane, Meridon, Avalon, Zarathon, Almaren, and Vanasheen remained under HH control. Regions remained the same, 4-3 in favor of HH.

Finally, the Sorcerer lost a village to a RD army, but there was some political action against RD pop centers in the Eastern Steppes. Other than that, SO remained mysterious, as always.

After turn six, I think I had one botched order, although it probably wasn't material. Some more political jockeying, again with a slight advantage to me this turn, I believe. Given that I am fighting LT in two of his three regions, and am contesting the three open regions (with an edge in each one, although the arrival of RD in force in Amberland may tip the scales there), I think I still have a slight economic and momentum advantage.

Turn 7 Highlights for HH

AN influence continued to rise, but this time failed the denigrate of GN in Runnimede. The GN once again successfully bid for the HC issue, this time to raise WI influence. Again doomed to failure, but again forestalling a more damaging issue (although at a significant cost). Still no priestesses, but the AN military has finally made an appearance at a small village in Runnimede! The GN steward of the pop center was undoubtedly quaking in his boots. Smile Unfortunately, the AN also lost a town and a village to GN political action.

The Black Dragon decisively bloodied the nose of 1GN to the tune of 3,500 troops before 1GN retreated and moved away, compared to less than a score of BL creatures lost. The 1BL then moved on to another interesting town in the Runnimede mountains, where the apparently narcoleptic GN King rested with his concerned retinue. Some political action resolved in BL's favor, however.

The Giants lost Zarathon to a RD army group at the cost of about 100 creatures for the RD, although GI also took Evanon back from the DA with a parley of their own. The RD army group moved on to Evanon, even as the GI group moved south to an interesting Demon Princes town in the forests of Arcania. Their bloodlines apparently linked, the DE King also appeared to suffer from narcolepsy, as he was unable to greet the leaders of the Giant group outside of his palace. There was some more political skirmishing with DA, with GI gaining a village but losing a town.

The Elves continued their political efforts in the Northern Mists, with middling success. Meanwhile, the 1EL army destroyed over four of the five brigades in the 1WI group, while losing only 4,600 troops. 1EL also began siege operations against Viperhead, and continued to face off against 1WI.

The 2RA division-sized Ranger group was again prevented from attacking the 1DE division-sized group by a Wall of Flame, even as the two groups continued to face off. This time, however, 2RA was busy conducting diplomacy with the city of Triesa, which had just been made neutral the month prior by the BL. This coup, coupled with some additional political success in Arcania, resulted in the Rangers triumphantly declaring control of the region! Finally, Ranger scouts continued to report that Zabzanka, Cradia, and Gurisek remained under human control, while Viperhead and Zarathon were under LT control. Meanwhile, Lorethane, Meridon, Avalon, Evanon, Almaren, Triesa, and Vanasheen were under HH control. Regions tipped a bit further in HH's favor this turn, 5-3 in favor of HH, with Amberland and Eastern Steppes remaining uncontrolled.

Finally, the Sorcerer had some political and other success, and successfully denigrated the RD in Eastern Steppes, but otherwise remained mysterious.

After turn seven, I unfortunately had a few botched orders, a couple of which were a bit painful. That said, even though the overall political jockeying was perhaps a wash, the taking of Arcania was a big boost to me. I am still fighting LT in two of his three regions, and am contesting the two other open regions (with an apparent edge in Eastern Steppes currently, but almost certainly a disadvantage in Amberland due to the RD army group assisting continuing DA efforts there). In my opinion, I continue to have a slight momentum advantage, and a significant economic advantage.

Turn 8 Highlights for HH

AN influence seemed to both rise and fall this turn, and again failed a denigrate of GN in Runnimede. This time, however, some other AN maneuvers succeeded, and GN lost control of Runnimede and also failed to state the HC issue, which AN used to propose the denigration of GN in Runnimede! Once again, no priestesses were hired by AN opponents, but the AN military negotiated for the village that it had been at to join the AN Kingdom, and then moved on to appear at Cradia.

The Black Dragon took the next GN capital, capturing a high-level agent, although once again the GN King eluded him. The tally, for those keeping track, is zero Kings captured despite five capitals lost (one for GI, two for GN, and two for DE). The BL group then moved on to another interesting town in Runnimede.

The Giants lost Evanon to a RD army group at the cost of about 100 creatures for the RD, although GI took the DE capital and moved right back to Evanon. The RD army group moved on to Viperhead, and there was some more political skirmishing with DA.

The Elves continued their political efforts in the Northern Mists, with middling success. Meanwhile, the 1EL army destroyed another brigade in the 1WI group, which chose to withdraw from the fight. 1EL also continued siege operations against Viperhead, continued to face off against 1WI, and now witnessed the arrival of the 1RD army group.

The 2RA army-sized Ranger group was once again prevented from attacking the 1DE division-sized group by a Wall of Flame, and this time, 1DE decided it had had enough, and moved away. The RA purchased the HC seat of his GI ally, further bolstering RA influence and political power. Meanwhile, Ranger scouts reported that Cradia and Gurisek remained under human control, while Viperhead, Zarathon, Evanon, and now Zabzanka were under LT control. Meanwhile, Lorethane, Meridon, Avalon, Almaren, Triesa, and Vanasheen were under HH control. Regions continued to tip a bit further in HH's favor this turn, 6-2 in favor of HH, with Amberland and now Runnimede being uncontrolled.

Finally, the Sorcerer had some political and other success, and successfully denigrated the DW in Eastern Steppes. Two DW emissaries were also taken prisoner as their attempts to move the people were met with angry mobs. As a result of these successes, the SO gained control of the region of Eastern Steppes! Coupled with timely enemy declarations, the DW reaction level in Eastern Steppes suffered even further.

After turn eight, I unfortunately had one botched order, which was significant, but not horrible. Taking Eastern Steppes was very helpful, although DW continues to contest the region. Runnimede going neutral is also helpful, and I am also fighting LT in one of his other two regions. In my opinion, I continue to have a significant momentum advantage, and a substantial economic advantage.

Is anyone even reading these? Smile

I'm following the news from the field avidly. Love the summaries and quirky reporting Smile

(10-29-2013, 07:30 PM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: I'm following the news from the field avidly. Love the summaries and quirky reporting Smile

I think the Titans matches are difficult to follow because, despite your efforts in this case HeadHoncho, they are generally sporadically reported and when reported, are by one side. I also think readers need to be reminded with about every update who is who, how the map looks, and what the main object of the campaign in the current moment is. Then again, I could be wrong.

(10-30-2013, 01:15 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(10-29-2013, 07:30 PM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: I'm following the news from the field avidly. Love the summaries and quirky reporting Smile

I think the Titans matches are difficult to follow because, despite your efforts in this case HeadHoncho, they are generally sporadically reported and when reported, are by one side. I also think readers need to be reminded with about every update who is who, how the map looks, and what the main object of the campaign in the current moment is. Then again, I could be wrong.

I have been reading the summaries also. 6-2 regions with 6 cities is a strong lead.