Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Poll: Who will win 210?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Sten - The good guys are always in the west and they always win
50.00%
2 50.00%
DuPont - His 'southern strategy' will pay off
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 210: DuPont IV vs The Sten
(10-25-2013, 11:05 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Drafting is fascinating, and it's one of my favorite parts of this game. It actually fits with my "play Alamaze the way you want to play it" theory as one of the strong appeals of the game.

The only thing about Titan games is that they're kind of exhausting. I have to really mentally gear up to put a turn together, to an extent that isn't typical for a regular or even a Warlords game.

I know you're not keen on new formats for the sake of having new formats, but I really think a 2 vs. 2 Titan format concept would be very appealing to folks, hopefully require minimal coding time, and allow for the drafting complexity that is so interesting. And yet it would be more accessible to people with fewer slots available, and/or less time, and/or minimal desire to spend the mental energy required for the 1 vs. 1 Titan format.

Just a thought from a huge fan, and drafting proponent. Smile

I find the Titan 1 vs 1 to be less time consuming than wondering what your allies are doing or if you are going to even have allies. The wondering about allies (if you have them) is the least appealing aspect of gaming to me.

The Sten

Alas, this game has come to an end with DuPont raising his flag over 7 regions. Only Oakendell and the Talking Mountains remained yet to be liberated as Torvale was uncontrolled and the BL had a group with 90,000+ fluttering around (specifically on the AN capital of Meridon).