Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#300 - Experimental
I thought there was a PA/WA war against GI/SO, guess I need to be a little more inquisitive. 

(02-24-2015, 10:26 PM)Rogal Wrote: I thought there was a PA/WA war against GI/SO, guess I need to be a little more inquisitive. 

No not true, NO has come calling and is leaving unsatisfied!

SO

(NO) There's only so much building up you can do until you need to move on someone. I had some bad rolls for sure in my assault vs SO. It is what it is.

I had 4 failures to flip pop centers that were clearly marked as "yes" on the chart included in the forum, so does that not include a negative modifier for control of region by the controlling kingdom? What can I say, I was greedy.

BTW- the 1st cycle kingdoms suck. Nomad has not a single redeeming quality - even fighting in the desert. Usually there is one thing that is better than others? Not with the Nomad! Bad in everything! Woooo!

(02-24-2015, 11:32 PM)Acererak Wrote: (NO) There's only so much building up you can do until you need to move on someone. I had some bad rolls for sure in my assault vs SO. It is what it is.

I had 4 failures to flip pop centers that were clearly marked as "yes" on the chart included in the forum, so does that not include a negative modifier for control of region by the controlling kingdom? What can I say, I was greedy.

BTW- the 1st cycle kingdoms suck. Nomad has not a single redeeming quality - even fighting in the desert. Usually there is one thing that is better than others? Not with the Nomad! Bad in everything! Woooo!

I have noticed the failures when "yes" is indicated on the chart in this and other games as well.  Is the diplo model more complicated than the chart referred to on the forum?  I had noticed that the influence and reaction level of the person whose PC you  are trying to rebel or usurp don't come into the equation at all.  But is that really true?

I believe that chart was made for 1st cycle long ago. And is due for an update. The XML tracker gives more accurate numbers. They are all player generated so can fail but at least get you in the ballpark.

I think there is a negative modifier for opposing control of the region that is outlined in the commands, but I just went with the chart. Usually I find it works, there is also always some kind of "roll".

(02-24-2015, 07:02 PM)unclemike Wrote: Demon Princes here. Just want to thank the Paladin for throwing himself upon my capitol's embattlements last turn Smile My city really ripped him up. Should have known better to attack a capital with an invisible patrol of wizards guarding it. Knocking off your warlord and general before the battle was the difference I guess. At least now I don't have to worry about losing any more of my territory to the once and mighty Paladin. Evil rules once again!!

Yep... The vaunted PA brigades evaporated on the walls of the DE cap.  

Here are the numbers...

Group: 1st Paladin           Troop Composition:
        Size: Army Group          Archers      3,400          Leaders:  Warlord    Ginach      
                                  Cavalry      9,400                    Marshal    Fadien      
     Located: Area XXX             Infantry    32,400                    General II Azaghal     
     Region : Arcania                                         Wizards:  Greyson (Power-3)      
     Terrain: Desert                                                    NA                     
     The city of Glorin is here.                                        NA                     
                                Brigades Type & No.
          Morale: 107%          Paladin         12
       Attrition:   0%          Veterans         6       Value Vs. Population Center: 102,085
     Terrain Mod:  -4%          Recruits         4     Est. Value In Current Terrain: 117,756

And here is the slau... I meant battle.

Assault by the 1st Paladin army group on the Demon Princes city of Glorin, located in area
     WN of Arcania: In the first hour of morning Marshal Fadien commanded his 1st Paladin army
     group to advance upon the city. Increasing the defenses were legions of the Demon Princes
     royal guard! It became apparent to the assaulting units that the city of Glorin defenses
     would be bolstered by not only the troops additional combat experience, but also by their
     superior tactical and strategic planning capabilities used to defend their capital. As the
     most important group of their people, the fighters are visibly bolstered by the presence
     of the first Paladin banner! As the attackers advanced through the desert the first
     missiles sang out. The Paladin skilled archers inflicted little or no damage to their
     opponents lines. The wall defenders skilled archers inflicted average damage to their
     opponents lines. The Paladin wizard Greyson dismounted past the defensive misslers on the
     battlefield. The Paladin Power-3 wizard Greyson cast a series of minor assaults: some
     lighting, fire, and sonic blasts which disrupted the opposing troops. The Paladin emphatic
     mages dealt out little or no damage to the wall defenders. Paladin casualties had now
     exceeded acceptable levels in the judgement of Marshal Fadien so he ordered the retreat be
     sounded. The Paladin leaders did a remarkable job in exiting the field with minimal
     additional casualties. The city defenders were able to successfully repel the Paladin
     attack in Glorin! Paladin casualties were put at 36,800 troops. All the Paladin wizards
     survived the fray. Losses suffered in the effort and depression of defeat have greatly
[b]     reduced the Paladin morale. 
[/b]

I knew there was an invisible group there, but I had no idea how many wizards it contained or its size.  At first I thought it was the WA, who had been shadowing me.  However, I soon realized that was not the case and that I was in trouble.  

I have to echo the NO and say while the PA brigades look impressive on paper, the kingdom doesn't have much going for it.  Their brigades are incredibly expensive, their movement rate is average, their combat modifiers are less than average, their wizards and on and on... 

I would love to play them again after they receive a much needed buffing.

My hat is off to Mike and the DE.  
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

What was the defense value of the city?

The city's defense was 57,411 at the time of the attack.

Keep in mind that my wizards dispelled his magic then killed the warlord and general II. So that's a 37% drop in combat value before the battle even began. If you want a rough estimate, that would be:

102,085 combat value x 0.63 = 64,314 vs my capital's 57,411

He attacked on TAC 3 so he basically impaled himself on my city's battlements.

Note: The above battle description ended rather abruptly and lacked the flavor text that describes the various "storm" waves of pc combat. I'll get to that later when I have the time.

Indeed, there is no question that the 1st cycle kingdoms are not up to speed. The WE was an impressive position in the 1st cycle, but it needs a serious upgrade to be competitive in this setting. I more or less knew that when I signed up for it - just wanted to play my favorite kingdom again and I do hope that it and the others are brought up to speed at some point. The only good in thing the WE did have was the high starting influence and that advantage wears off quickly.